Friday, January 16, 2009

He Came Over to the Dark Side

A little while back I blogged about how my fiance, Robbie would not wear any hand knit socks and in fact his exact words were "hand knit socks are gay". The words of a 23 year old boy! Well as you all know we recently moved in with my sister Sarah. She has a very cute older house and in the interest of saving money it is chillier here than at our apartment and since said fiance is very skinny he is ALWAYS cold. Shortly after we moved in he asked for a pair of hand knit socks, but not to wear out of the house of course! I have been working on them, but got distracted half way through and have managed to make two different socks, but only one of each.


The one on the left is Guitar Man Socks hand dyed by me this summer and the one on the right is just a plain vanilla sock made out of trekking. I have also been working on nutkin socks for myself and I am very pleased with the way they are turning out.

Here is a bonus picture of the puppy. This is pretty much what he does most of the day. We are enjoying him, but I am getting a little frustrated because he gets so cold and does not want to go potty outside even with his nice warm sweater on! I am sure that he will catch on soon though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn finger toes.
how come you inherit all the good stuff?

Jody said...

Yay for hand knit socks - my mom swore she didn't want hand knit sock, but after she wore her first pair - she was hooked.

Kerry said...

hehe. i love your socks (& Robbie's too!)

puppy is very cute!

mrspao said...

Cute socks :) Once Robbie has worn those socks, he'll be asking for more pairs.

Shamus looks like he is such fun.